Female Hygiene

 Female hygiene is a topic often ignored because of the taboo, even the ones who do end up talking about it are usually promoting some kind of “female hygiene” product, because that's what happened to me. Young and naive I started using a female wash after I saw a content creator promoting it which she was definitely paid for and there are actually a lot of those in the market. Later I learnt that our private parts don't need any cleaning product at all, just some lukewarm water and that’s it because using these washes or even soap can actually be harmful and can cause yeast infection.






Secondly, there is also a new product in the market for apparently darkened underarms and private parts. I don't have any beef with it but by making these products you are implying that you must have a bright model like underarms whereas it's just not possible for a lot of cases. Being a woman of color, we suffer from pigmentation and discolouration and that is completely normal it cannot be treated completely. The ingredients in products like these are actually harmful if used in large amounts.


 Now coming to the monthly cycle, guys please stop using pads for more than 7-8 hrs, it's not hygienic at all, it can cause rashes and some of the pads have benefits declared harmful and cancer causing agents (you know the brand I’m talking about). There are A LOT of alternatives available for pads as well, menstrual cup, period underwear, my favorite is a cloth pad that I bought from flourish (local brand for undergarments).

Comments

Popular Posts