Western media and it's impact

 We all have written that one essay in our school days about the media and its pros and cons.



Oddly speaking, most of the time the cons used to outweigh the pros, maybe because of its bad rep and the fact that we were not really aware of its impact.


So today I want to talk about its pros, we have all heard the disadvantages and there’s no denying it. The media shapes our mind and makes the perspective of a society and surely the western media has its bad effects on our society as well.


But for a minute, let’s focus on the bright side.


look on the brighter side


Personally speaking the western media has played a huge role in the awareness of mental health problems at least for me. The movies and the series, all of it. Through the western media I got to know that oh we can talk about our feelings and share with others as well.


The western media made me aware that what I’m feeling is okay and it happens with everybody. It helped me understand my own emotions and made me think about other’s emotions as well.


empathy, be empathetic


I think western media really opened up a gate for Gen Z and their parents as well, with the type of content that the western media came up with, made Gen Z feel heard and seen and it also gave a chance to their parents to understand their kids. So in a way western media also helped bridge the generational gap.


chandler bing, friends


And yes the disadvantages of the western media are equally destroying as well, which have started showing in our society as well, more specifically, the rise of LGBTQ community in Pakistan, which in my opinion is the worst possible impact of western media on our society. 


disadvantages, cons


Toodles.






bye

Comments

Popular Posts