From working women to a housewife

 A little context if you care to listen 


I have been working full time ever since I got married back in January 2023, and to say the least the routine was tough.


From working 10 hrs a day to then coming back home and managing all the house chores and then trying to spend some time with your partner has been nothing but a huge task which I had to do EVERYDAY.




So back in October I decided to quit my 9-5 job. There were a lot of reasons which led me to make such a decision in a hurry, but I can’t say that the thought of quitting had not crossed my mind before.


One of the many reasons because of which I chose to quit, was the lifestyle I would have in the longer run due to my work. Over the years I have realized that I’m a family oriented, old fashioned kind of a person, which made me think that my work is never my top priority.


I’m the kind of person who likes to take house responsibility, who likes to take care of her family, who likes to have home cooked meals everyday, and the kind of person who puts her family and husband above everything else.


One of the situations that I went through was when my husband was not feeling well and came back from work early but could not go home because he didn’t have the keys, and I could not leave work due to several reasons as well. The helplessness that I felt was very frustrating, and I think that was the moment I decided I ain’t working no more if because of my work I can’t take care of the people I love.


The decision was with its ups and downs, it has been a bit difficult, I have had my good and bad days but now that it has been a little time I can say for sure how happy and content I am with my decision.





So you do you, whatever suits you best. Working full time has been normalized so much in our society that when a woman willingly wants to be a housewife, her intentions are judged and criticized. I can guarantee you some of the people reading this must have thought either my husband forbade me to work anymore or either I’m pregnant (both of which are not true).


Just as we are trying to make life easier for those women who do choose to work, let’s not forget to give our support to those who are prioritizing to focus on their family and home.




Toodles





Comments

Popular Posts